Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Turning 30!

I recently turned 30 and could not have been more happy about it!  There is just something about the turn of a new decade in your age, and leaving all of the things that your 20's had in store for you behind.

Don't get me wrong, there was a lot of good in my 20's!  I graduated from college (twice!), landed my first big girl job, got married and got to live in beautiful California! But there was also a lot of stupid and naive moments I went through.  And as much as I look back on them today and shake my head in regret, I realize I should be happy about the learning experience I had! In my 20's, I really got to know me.  I was no longer indecisive, and at times when I had made up my mind about something, there was no stopping me.  You become established in life-- in your job, in your relationships, and in your finances.  And that felt good.

I hear 30's are great, and from what I've been able to experience so far, it is true! In a recent poll, when women were asked their favorite age, the most common answer was 34.  So here's to 31, 32, 33, and 34.  And probably after 35, we can stop...Ha!

(ABOUT THE BIG DAY)

My husband and I drove into DFW for the weekend, and I got to indulge in some of my favorite things.  I got pampered by getting my nails and hair done, my Mom and I went shopping for hours, we ate at all my favorite restaurants.  My husband had planned a big dinner celebration at PF Changs that evening, and before leaving for dinner, he surprised me by having my very good friend in California fly in to join us.  It was a great time for sure!

A few pictures from that evening...






Until next time,
Meredith 

No comments:

Post a Comment